Saturday, January 28, 2012

Bye Bye For Now Now

WARNING: The following is a first world problem.

I had such high hopes for 2011 and then illness got in the way. I was hoping 2012 was going to be a lot better (health wise I have been much better (touch wood)) but then my writing had other ideas.

While I was sick last year, my love of fiction was re-fueled and I finally decided to concentrate on the manuscript I had been flirting with for the better part of 10 years, and make it a serious and steady relationship. It requires a lot of research and I have set myself a goal, but to achieve it, I need to knuckle down and start bashing it out.

I had always loved a good debate and writing opinion pieces at high school and then uni, but over the last year (with mostly thanks to my book club girls) I have discovered fiction again, and fallen head over heels in love with it all over again. My non-fiction writing has now taken a back-seat while I try to make fiction work.

It takes different parts of the brain to write fiction and non-fiction and I struggle to flick the switch from one to the other, to change gears so to speak and unfortunately, this blog has suffered. I will from time to time still check in and write when something that has really got me fired up, or I find something witty to share with you. In the meantime, become a follower and you will get email alerts when I do post something new.

I would like to thank everyone who has joined in on a debate and shared their thoughts. If you're new to the site, check out posts from the past and still feel free to comment as most are still relevant.

For now it's goodbye, or as the French say au revior!

No comments:

Post a Comment